CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Red Hat Campfire

I know that a lot of people think the the Red Hat Groups are a bunch of crazy old women that don't do much but sit around wearing red hats and purple outfits. Well let me tell you we are much more than that. Friday night we all met at a members house for a fall campfire. Yes ,some of us did have on red hats and some wore purple. We sat around and told stories and drank our hot chocolate, which we spiced up with a little Godiva Caramel Milk Chocolate Liqueur and of course there was beer. Since I am on a diet I brought the hot chocolate specialty. Diet Hot chocolate 15 cal, whip cream 15 cal. and the Godiva 105 cal.



We were all having fun and discussing our future plans. The following day some of us would be spending time with grand kids, parents or family. My plans along with a fellow red hatter was to go for an early morning hike, another had plans to go skydiving for the first time the next morning. She was a little afraid but this was on her bucket list and she was planning to go though with this, besides this was for charity . I was excited about my hiking trip but was totally floored when one of our members told us her future plans. She is leaving her family for 9 months because she has joined the Peace Corp and will be going to Libya for 9 months to help setup and education system. You see this country has been at war for 14 years and the children there have had no education because it was to dangerous to leave their homes. She was excited about the opportunity and felt honored that she had been invited .So when you think of us please don't think of us as the little old ladies that wear the red hats.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, it came out very nice. I love your background.

audrey said...

Thanks. It is a litte harder than I thought. Let me know if I write something that sounds dumb. Now I am going to add pictures